Getting started....

Brian Ipsen Brian.Ipsen at andebakken.dk
Fri Aug 30 18:23:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

 Hmm.. Okay, I'll start examining configuration-files (I need to do it
anyway)..... another issue (someone might be able to help me with): I've
compiled with MySQL support, and the MySQL info has been inserted into
resource.cfg - but from nagios I get:

Nagios 1.0b5 starting... (PID=8092)
Error: Could not read program retention data from table programretention
Error: Could not read host retention data from table hostretention
Error: Could not read service retention data from table serviceretention
Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ''

The mysql-user has been assigned SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rights on
a database-level, so that part should be ok.... What really concers me is
the " database '' " .... The SQL part should be ok - Connecting manually to
the SQL server with the specified UserID and password and entering e.g.:

mysql> select * from hostretention;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

The configuration command used for nagios:

./configure --mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc/nagios --localstatedir
=/var \
--with-cgiurl=/cgi-bin/nagios --with-htmurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagio
s \
--with-nagios-grp=nagios --with-mysql-xdata --with-mysql-status \
--with-mysql-comments --with-mysql-extinfo --with-mysql-retention \
--with-mysql-downtime --with-mysql-lib=/opt/mysql/lib/mysql \
--with-mysql-inc=/opt/mysql/include --with-template-objects \
--enable-webhelp

The database tables have been created using the supplied script in the
contrib directory.

Any good ideas ??

/Brian