Getting started....

Brian Ipsen Brian.Ipsen at andebakken.dk
Fri Aug 30 17:50:20 CEST 2002

Hi!

 I just tried to compile and install Nagios, copied the sample
configurations (which I assumed would be working), but doing a check of the
files gives me:

Checking host group escalations...
        Checked 2 host group escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #2' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #2' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #2' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #2' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #2' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #2' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #1' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #1' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #1' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #1' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #1' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #1' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
        Checked 4 service dependencies.

Should it be like this ??? Not very good sample configurations if the have
errors :-) - or have I done something wrong ??

/Brian