notification question

Volker.Aust at premiere.de Volker.Aust at premiere.de
Thu Aug 29 10:42:50 CEST 2002

Hi Todd,

The host is member of (minimum) one hostgroup and in a hostgroup you have to
define one or more 'contact_groups'. The members of these contact_groups (of
all hostgroups the host is member in) receives the notification if the
host-check is fail.

> Also, if the service is 24x7, but the host is 9-5, does the host take
> precedence over the service and would the contact group still receive
> notification if the time was outside of 9-5?

IMHO the notification_periods of the host and the services defined for this
host are complete separate.

> Regards,
>
> Todd Jones
> Network Administrator