Nagios Status and MySQL

Ein Bielaczyc einb at walledlake.k12.mi.us
Wed Aug 21 22:23:22 CEST 2002

I successfully compiled Nagios with MySQL support on RedHat 7.2. Created the database and used the scripts from the contrib dir to create the database tables. For this initial test I have it monitoring 40 devices. Everything seems to be functioning properly with the following exceptions. For each monitoring option I see, under the Current Status bubble upper left corner, that the "Monitoring process my not be running!" I click the "Click here for more info." Process info bubble looks good, it gives me the correct Start Time, Total Running Time, PID, etc.. But Process Commands says "It appears as though Nagios is not running, so commands are temporarily unavailable..." and Process Status Information says: Process Status - Critical, Check Command Output:  Error: Cannot open status log for reading!"

It appears to me that the external commands are disabled due to my using the database to store status information as opposed to the standard status.log file. I tried a different check_nagios perl script I found in the mailing list archives but I was unsuccessful in executing it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ein B:-)