Escalations Issue - Please help

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Aug 21 17:10:36 CEST 2002

I have escalations defined for all the services I am monitoring (using
*).  I want the first notification to go to the contactgroup for that
service (ops), then the 2nd notification to go to ops and admins, and
finally the 3rd and up (no upper limit) to go to dutygroup (everyone).
 I have the following in my escalation config: (the default contactgroup
for all services is ops)

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              2
        last_notification               3
        contact_groups                  ops,admins
        }

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                       *
        service_description             *
        first_notification              3
        last_notification               0
        contact_groups                  dutygroup
        }

Now, the behavior I'm getting is this.  The first notification does get
sent to ops and the second gets sent to ops and admin.  However, then
Nagios stop notifying.  I never get an more notifications sent out, to
anyone!  (I also tried setting last_notification for ops and admins to
2, and got the same behavior.  It never started the next escalation).  I
am running Nagios 1.0b3.  Can someone please help me out?  Are the
configs wrong?  Is this a known bug?  Any advice is appreciated.    Thanks.

-Russell

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.