Scheduled downtime

Daniel Foster daniel-l at 34SP.com
Tue Aug 20 12:53:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

If I schedule some downtime for a switch on our network, I assume alerts will
be suppressed for hosts/services behind (dependencies of) that switch.

What will happen if during the scheduled downtime the switch is up, but a
service or host behind it fails?  Will we get the alerts?

The reason behind this is that the switch will be restarted sometime between
3 and 6 am, so I'd like to supress alerts for then.  Obviously the restart
won't take 3 hours, so I may wish to receive alerts during this time.

--

Daniel Foster
Technical Director - 34SP.com