Service checks still not being executed

Nolan Martin Nolan.Martin at co.travis.tx.us
Fri Aug 16 23:08:46 CEST 2002

Darren,

Did you reach a resolution to this?  I was following your thread, but
it stops abruptly (unless I missed some e-mails).

I seem to be running into the same issue.  I started off with Nagios
simply doing a check_ping against 200 devices.  That was running very
smoothly, and so I have recently expanded upon that to do application
and process monitoring against each of our NetWare servers (using the
MRTGEXT.NLM already on our servers).  Now I see periods of time where
services are not routinely being checked, while others in the list
continue to be checked.

Running a ps -aux on the Nagios box, I continue to periodic polling
process being initiated.  I also see numerous Nagios processes, which I
recall you pointing out as well.

I know Ethan recommended a few changes.  Did these changes resolve your
problem?

I am currently running Nagios 1.0b3 on a workstation class machine
using Red Hat 7.3.  I recall that you were running Nagios on a
reasonably robust machine and were not experiencing a heavy load.

Appreciate your feedback or any others that might be able to assist.

Thanks.

>>> Darren Gamble <Darren.Gamble at sjrb.ca> 06/25/02 10:56AM >>>
Good day,

> > Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?  Is this a
> bug?  Is there
> > anything else that should be checked or could be provided?
>
>   Not executed service checks are active or passive?

They're all active checks.  I am not presently using passive checks.

>   One crazy idea which works for me ir try to strace nagios
> main process.
> "strace -p <nagios_pid> 2> /dev/null". Just run this command and
press
> <Ctrl><C>
> after something like 20-30 seconds.
>   You may need to install strace RPM.