Email Notifications

8lb4fmllhm001 at sneakemail.com 8lb4fmllhm001 at sneakemail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:00:10 CEST 2002

-----Original Message-----
This is more of a Sendmail and design question.  Can you successfully send e-mail from the command line, like this:

$ echo "hello" | mail wilcoxc at troycorp.com

and, more importantly, do you receive it correctly?

If it turns out that you can't even get mail out onto the network, you could have a whole bunch of Sendmail fun ahead of you.  :)

If, OTOH, mail's being delivered properly, and you have your e-mail address set up properly in contacts.cfg, then all that remains is whether you have contactgoups.cfg and services.cfg set up properly.