trouble with Performance Data

Havel Zdeněk Zdenek.Havel at mius.cz
Wed Aug 14 19:37:07 CEST 2002

I thing, that no plugin support data performace today. I have same question.
Only one ansver arrived from Chet Luther [chet at rcn.com].

> Chet Luther wrote:
> ==================
>    That's what I'm doing right now, but I wasn't aware of the performance
data features of Nagios > when I decided to do it.  So I ended up just
having the plugins (like you say) return the regular > output to Nagios,
while writing their performance data directly to RRD databases.
>    I have a framework in place that makes writing plugins for this
extremely easy, and I'll
> attach it to the message in case you feel like seeing how someone else is
handling it.  Beware,
> it isn't code I had intended to release so it depends upon a lot of things
that may be different > on your system.  There is a small README in the
archive that explains what is what in the
> package.

If you can this framework tel Chet, or I can sen it.

Another way is use wrapper arround plugin. I make simple wrapper arrnoud
check_snmp plugin.

                  Zdenek Havel