external commands

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Tue Aug 13 23:09:19 CEST 2002

yeah, permissions could be fine but the file type is wrong.

rm the file /usr/local/netsaint/var/rw/netsaint.cmd
then restart netsaint.  This should create the file again (doing an 'll
/usr/local/netsaint/var/rw' will give you:
prw-rw----	1	netsaint	netsaint	0 Aug 13 16:47
netsaint.cmd
^
note the leading character.  this indicates the type of file (p for pipe)

if it is not created check the permissions on the /usr/local/netsaint/var
and /usr/local/netsaint/var/rw folders.  Also check
/usr/local/netsaint/etc/netsaint.cfg and ensure that:
check_external_commands=1

hth,
dean