check_http plugin redirects bug

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Aug 13 20:06:42 CEST 2002

I sent this to the nagiosplug list with no response, so I was hoping
someone on this list might be able to respond to this:

I have found a problem with the check_http plugin and its ability to
follow redirects properly.  If it hits a redirect that has the full
domain and file name given, it can follow the redirect (assuming you are
giving the plugin the "-f follow" argument).  However, if the
redirect in the HTTP header only gives the file name without a leading
slash, the plugin tries doing a GET for that file name.  Since it is
missing the leading slash, the plugin will always return a 404 in this case.

Should I just fix the plugin to make sure that the leading slash is
added, or is the plugin developer on this list and he/she would like to
fix it?  Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

-Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.