Notification/Contact definition question

terry galimore at mac.com
Tue Aug 13 06:37:44 CEST 2002

If I were to have 3 contacts with the same E-mail, and pager address,
would Nagios be smart enough to only send out one notification for
that, or would it send it out 3 times?

For instance:

define contactgroup{
	contactgroup_name		my_group
	members				fred, george, bob
}

define contact{
	contact_name	george
	contact_email	list at somewhere.com
	contact_pager	some_pager_group
}

define contact{
	contact_name	bob
	contact_email	list at somewhere.com
	contact_pager	some_pager_group
}

define contact{
	contact_name	fred
	contact_email	list at somewhere.com
	contact_pager	some_pager_group
}

Would nagios determine that it should only send out 1 E-mail to
list at somewhere.com and likewise for the pager?

I'm asking this because I'm having a situation where I have paging set
up like this for one group, and they appear to only be getting one
page.. which is what I want, but I have another group that is getting
triple E-mail (at the very least) and possibly triple the pages.

Thanks,

- Terry