[naemon-users] naemon 1.0.3 and inheritance of servicedependencies

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:03:54 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-05 08:48, Schimpke, Dr. Thomas - bhn wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> the second dependency simply inherits the first (that'S why there is
> "use dependSnmpdCordelia..."). It works fine with nagios.
> Anyway...I can work around it. I just wanted the developers/ndreas to
> know, that there might be an issue with inheritance. But it could also
> be intended...

Inheriting dependencies was one of those things that seemed to work
with Nagios (it swallowed the configuration) but some aspects of it
didn't work properly, so we couldn't test it. It's quite likely
things aren't working the way it once did since we've made some
pretty drastic changes to the config parsing.

Can you create a minimal testcase for me that should get parsed,
create an objects.precache file, verify that the precache file
holds the config you'd expect Naemon to have internally and then
send me the config along with the precache file? That'll be the
basis of a testcase I can work towards to make sure dependency
inheritance works the way you expect it.

We didn't break it on purpose, is what I'm getting at, but I can't
really fix it without seeing exactly how you want it to work.

/Andreas