[naemon-users] Naemon Sample Configuration Files

Justin Laughlin justinnlaughlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 17:55:07 CET 2014

Hello Group,

I am new to Naemon/Nagios and heavily dependent on the documentation.  I am
following the example in

http://www.naemon.org/documentation/usersguide/monitoring-windows.html

It shows separate config files for "hostgroups", "commands" and
"services".  In the sample config files that ship with the 0.8 build these
are all combined into the hosts.conf file.  Which model should I follow?  I
am going to have a few dozen hosts to monitor at first along with some
switches, a SAN, and some firewalls.  It seems more logical to make them
separate files but maybe there is a reason they are all in one.  Is it
somehow more efficient or was it done for expediency just to show a few
examples?

Thank you!

Justin