[naemon-users] naemon rpm package questions

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Apr 16 23:22:11 CEST 2014

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:54:19 +0200
Sven Nierlein <Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de> wrote:

> Hi Franky,
>
> When installing the "naemon" package, you get the naemon-suite,
> containing core, livestatus and thruk in a working bundle.
> It's possible to install all components standalone, thats why we
> splitted the packages into submodules. Neither naemon-core nor thruk
> requires livestatus to run, thats why the dependency is only in the
> naemon meta package where you get the hole bundle.
>
> Xinetd would be possible for livestatus but shouldn't be enabled by
> default. Pull requests are welcome.
>
> PNP should work without the gearman package unless you want to use
> the gearman mode.
>
>  Sven

Hi Sven,

I didn't make myself clear I think.
I think the naemon package should depend on "thruk", not "naemon-thruk".
People installing naemon-core+thruk get something different than those
with naemon-core+naemon-thruk or those installing "naemon" (different
paths with the same functionality), that seems confusing to me. But of
course, since you're also the thruk developer, I don't think you mind
making those 2 rpms :-)
The way naemon-core is delivered it has (if I remember correctly) a
broker module configured for livestatus, thus it should have a
dependency on livestatus ... Ah, I just doublechecked and the broker
module is commented out, sorry about that.
Xinetd config: I agree, a disabled conf file would be better.
Concerning pnp: yes, that's what I said: it's just when you want to use
gearman that you need the perl module. But since there is no rpm of it
and http://labs.consol.de/repo/testing/rhel6/x86_64/ already provides
some other perl rpms and gearman packages, I thought it would be a
bonus if perl-Gearman was also present in there.

Franky