[naemon-dev] Distributed Monitoring

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Mon Jan 19 10:55:16 CET 2015

On 17/01/15 0:43, Lee Wilson wrote:
> I've worked for a couple of MSPs and one of the biggest issue we had was that the distributed monitoring nagios installs needed to have inbound connections allowed to them each of which required a unique public IP (not port NAT) which meant it was very wasteful for large deployments.

Hi Lee,

Mod-Gearman works[1] just like DNX, except a little better. Connections are still opened from the Worker to the Naemon server, but there
is a Gearman Proxy[2] available which reverses the connection if there is no other way of getting a firewall openend. It uses a single
TCP port and comes with encrypted communication.

Cheers,
 Sven

[1]: http://mod-gearman.org/
[2]: http://labs.consol.de/nagios/mod-gearman/#_gearman_proxy

Sven Nierlein             Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
ConSol* GmbH              http://www.consol.de
Franziskanerstrasse 38    Tel.:089/45841-439
81669 Muenchen            Fax.:089/45841-111