[naemon-dev] worker chdir

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Sun Jan 19 17:58:11 CET 2014

Hi,

I stumpled over the workers changing into /tmp/[nagios-workers]:
https://github.com/naemon/naemon-core/blob/master/naemon/lib/worker.c#L665

I see some problems here, the first one is that /tmp/nagios-workers does not exist and won't
be created anywhere. I am not even sure if changing the folder is a good idea at all. It
broke some of my checks which use relative paths and we use that a lot in OMD. Is changing
into the HOME folder of that user an option?

Then the build breaks on SLES11 machines with :

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
worker.c: In function enter_worker:
worker.c:665: error: ignoring return value of chdir, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

I assume the (void)chdir supresses that on the other build machines, however it doesn't work on
SLES (gcc4.3.4)

Any ideas?

 Sven