[naemon-dev] Naemon logo

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 20:11:15 CET 2014

On 2014-02-07 18:41, Augusto Rückert wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> In recent conversations no irc rmars spoke with sni about the need of
> graphical work for Naemon(logo and visual identity). I'm very interested
> in help and make a good work if you like and still need some work on this
> area.

This is the second offer we get for that. While I'm grateful, it would
be inconsiderate of me not to mention that fact, since we'll only use
one of the logos.

> I was reading the website and there I found good information about Naemon,
> but I need to understand more about the project. Because of that, I wrote
> some questions that could help me out with this job:
>
> What are the main values of the naemon project?

Openness, friendliness and excellence.

> What are the objectives of the project?

World domination (in our niche) through win and awesome.

> What kind of association the naemon project want to maintain with nagios?

There needn't be any association at all in our visual identity. In fact,
it's probably better if there isn't one, as they tend to bring lawyers
at the drop of a hat.

> Cite some opensource projects that have interesting visual identities (IYO).

Firefox. It's a fox that's on fire, encircling the world. That's a cool
logo imo.

> Describe what is interesting.

Dragons, phoenixes and sex. A logo that can combine those three and
still looks good in 16x16 pixels is a clear winner ;-)

> Cite some opensource projects that you consider as reference by the
> structure
> and management.

Git and Linux.

> I think that for the 3 first questions all group have to formulate only one
> answer for each question. The last two, everybody can contribute with your
> personal views and taste.

Well, I went ahead and answered solo anyway. The decision which logo to
use will be for the board of directors to discuss though, and there's 4
of us.

/Andreas