[naemon-dev] documentation

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 14:37:25 CET 2014

On 2014-02-10 00:56, Andrew Widdersheim wrote:
> I know on the old web site there were a set of guidelines to follow
> if you wanted to contribute. I'm not seeing that on this new website.
> For example I remember the "Signed off by" requirement with GIT being
> one of them.
>
> Are there still guidelines you would like people to follow? Might be
> good to put that up again somewhere if you want before people start
> contributing a bunch of stuff.

The formalia are less important than getting the content in with the
minimum amount of hassle for everyone. The signed-off-by is still
required though, in that it's a statement from the contributor that
the he or she has access to send us that contribution under the
license we're using. That's to protect ourselves from companies that
may employ the people sending the contributions and thus legally own
the stuff the employees produce, which means the employees themselves
can't sign over copyright or agree to some specific license.

Since we seem to have a very well-behaved community wrt contributions
I don't think we need to mention anything else. Pull-requests on
github (or via mail) are, after all, one step above excellent, as it
means it takes less than a minute to review and merge most patches.

/Andreas