Service Check Scheduling documentation - Still valid…

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 24 09:43:17 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-22 21:43, Deepak Kosaraju wrote:
> Hi Whether "Service Check Scheduling" concepts explained in following
> Nagios2 documentation still applies to Nagios 3 and Nagios 4, if not
> where can I find details documentation for Nagios3 and Nagios4
> "Service Check Scheduling".
>
> http://nagios.manubulon.com/traduction/docs14en/checkscheduling.html

It's mostly correct, except that Nagios 4 reaps service checks as fast
as they come in. We get that for free due to the event-driven design
implemented in Nagios 4. That also means zombie processes should be
very, very rare on a Nagios 4 system.

The scheduling parts are still valid though. Only the backend for the
scheduling queue has changed. The logic using the backend is still
identical.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.