Nagios Core 3.5.0rc2

eponymous alias eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 01:48:37 CET 2013

Sorry, I should have caught this trivial fix before the final release was out.  In common/macros.c, the current
code says:

#include "../include/macros.h"
#include "../include/config.h"

But this doesn't do the right thing, with regard to
defining the _GNU_SOURCE symbol so the compiler doesn't
complain about the asprintf() calls.  The problem is that
macros.h eventually includes <time.h>, which itself
includes <features.h>, which is where _GNU_SOURCE gets
turned into the __USE_GNU symbol that is actually used
in <stdio.h> to provide a definition for asprintf().
So the definition of _GNU_SOURCE at the top of config.h
comes too late to do any good.

Long story short, the order of those two lines in
common/macros.c needs to be reversed:

#include "../include/config.h"
#include "../include/macros.h"

Also in the way of trivial fixes, compilation of
cgiutils.c yields the warning:

cgiutils.c: In function 'include_ssi_files':
cgiutils.c:1571: warning: unused variable 'x'

This ought to be suppressed by removing the obsolete
declaration.