Nagios 4: Registering object relationships in CGIs

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jan 16 18:37:12 CET 2013

On 01/16/2013 04:30 PM, Ton Voon wrote:

> On 14 Jan 2013, at 09:35, Ton Voon wrote:

>>> Thanks a lot. I'll get this fixed today.
>>
>> Have you had a chance to look at this? Alternatively, can you provide some pointers to where this might be and what to look out for?
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> You're probably very busy, but can you provide some pointers for where to look please? There's some black magic going on which I can't decode!

Sorry for the delay.

Well, the story goes like this:
We would *actually* want to use the recombobulate_*groups() functions,
but those rely on find_*(), add_member_to_group() and a whole bunch of
other functions which are inside #ifndef NSCGI (or #ifdef NSCORE).

Those functions bring in yet other functions and some of *those* live
in other files. There are no functions anywhere that reside in the
base/ directory which have to be linked to the cgi's no matter how far
down the rabbithole you go, but it's a bit of a mess, really, and
with the recent improbable-but-possible coredump issue in Nagios core
I was forced to take a short hiatus from cgi issues and jump on that
one instead.

Anyways; It's unlikely manageable to fix it the proper way. If you
beat me to a hack that just iterates over the string elements inside
register_*group(), I think I'll just take that patch instead and put
a big fat "FIXME this is fugly and should use <solutionX> instead".

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122612