Nagios 4: Registering object relationships in CGIs

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsview.com
Wed Jan 16 16:30:58 CET 2013

On 14 Jan 2013, at 09:35, Ton Voon wrote:

> On 8 Jan 2013, at 10:16, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>> On 01/08/2013 10:24 AM, Ton Voon wrote:
>>> My original patch, reattached, is not ideal but fixes the problem, so I present it as a way to show why the current behaviour is wrong. I'm sure there's a better solution, probably some other "do expansion of object relationships" call that should be invoked instead, but I can't quite understand the C-fu magic that is going on with the new configuration code!
>>>

>> Thanks a lot. I'll get this fixed today.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at this? Alternatively, can you provide some pointers to where this might be and what to look out for?

Hi Andreas,

You're probably very busy, but can you provide some pointers for where to look please? There's some black magic going on which I can't decode!

In the other thread, the hint:

> create_object_table(), called from the mktable() macro. Both live in
> common/objects.c.

was enough to get me on the right track. I think there's something similar here required for me to grok the expansion logic.

Ton

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122612