Event handlers functionality reapplied to Nagios 4

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsview.com
Tue Feb 26 14:26:20 CET 2013

On 26 Feb 2013, at 11:06, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> On 02/25/2013 04:31 PM, Ton Voon wrote:
>> Andreas,
>>
>> We've noticed that the event handlers do not currently work in Nagios
>> 4 trunk. It seems that there is a FIXME message where the worker part
>> was not implemented.
>>
>> We've now implemented this, so I think this is now working as
>> expected.
>>

> The patch is incomplete. There will be no warnings if the eventhandler
> times out, which is what the FIXME comments refer to.

I think this is already implemented. In base/workers.c, there are error messages like: "Warning: Service event handler command '%s' timed out after %.2f seconds", which is how we knew there were errors initially.

Also, the wproc_run_service_job() calls in base/sehandlers.c:obsessive_compulsive_service_check_processor doesn't include any timeout code at that function level, so the pattern seems to be to implement warnings in base/workers.c.

However, I can see removal of the early_timeout would be valid as this is dead code. I will do that if that is the only thing stopping the patch from being accepted.

Ton

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb