Object structure change

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsview.com
Mon Feb 25 19:11:07 CET 2013

Hi,

Looking through recent commits, I came across 2601, which is a port of 2600, to fix a downtime issue.

There is a change to downtime.h to add a new attribute to the downtime object.

Am I right in saying that this is a object structure change and thus will affect the binary compatibility of all broker modules? If so, this is a problem for Nagios 4 which is in a structure freeze before release, but more seriously it is a problem in the Nagios 3.4 branch which will silently break lots of broker modules.

Ton

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb