Source repository for the core documentation ?

Robin Sonefors robin.sonefors at op5.com
Fri Feb 22 22:54:58 CET 2013

On 2013-02-22 21:26, Frost, Mark {BIS} wrote:
> While I do like the wiki idea, I think you're never going to get away from needing some
> documentation in the Nagios tree.   Some people may use Nagios and not have access to
> the InterTubes to get at the wiki.  Or they might have it most of the time, but you
> don't want someone to not be able to use that kooky external command they need because
> their Internet access is down.
>
> So maybe the wiki-based one is the most complete, best, Old World Craftsmanship
 > version, but I think you've got to have something that comes with
Nagios itself.

Speaking as someone who's idea of a fun night includes "download dumps
of wikipedia, and write scripts to process the content", let me assure
you that making text editable through a web form in a low-barrier way
for people with minimal experience with markup stuff, in no way prevents
said text from being downloadable. :)

That said, actually making it conveniently downloadable and good looking
locally and so on probably requires some thought when choosing and/or
configuring a wiki.

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb