Nagios 4 on Solaris 10

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsview.com
Thu Feb 7 11:08:47 CET 2013

Guys,

We've managed to fix this issue with the worker threads. It is due to EPOLL not being available on Solaris, so we switch to using SELECT instead. Patch is below (nagios_solaris_uses_select.patch), though it should be detected via configure instead.

We apply various patches to Solaris builds only, some of which look like you've already fixed. The patches we apply are:
  * Adding include/sunos.h and base/sunos.h for missing vasprintf(), asprintf()
  * nagios_build_on_solaris.patch to include above - this should be done via configure, maybe via libnagios
  * nagios_solaris_rlimit.patch - looks like this is already applied by Andreas
  * nagios_solaris_compile_errors_for_comments_h.patch - this is probably incorrectly done but mimics Nagios 3

Ton