Nagios 4 on Solaris 10

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Feb 5 17:38:22 CET 2013

On 02/05/2013 12:45 PM, Eric Stanley wrote:
> Ton,
>
> I tried compiling it on my Solaris 10 (u10) x86 system and couldn't get
> it to compile even with gcc. Do you have some patches that make it
> compile? The issues I've run into thus far include
>
> 1. the fact that RLIMIT_NPROC does not exist and

We can get around that by falling back to sysconf() and, failing that,
falling back to a hardcoded value of 512, with sysconf(_SC_CHILD_MAX)
to get the max number of running jobs a normal worker can have at any
given time.

> 2. 'typedef struct comment_struct' (core 3) in include/comments.h was
> changed to 'typedef struct comment' in core 4 which conflicts with a
> structure of the same name in /usr/include/pwd.h.

Ugh. I suppose I should've added a namespace-prefix to all Nagios types
when I had the chance.

We could just change them now though. It won't even require a recompile
since they won't change names, assuming we provide (mostly) backwards-
compatible macros or typedefs for them.

comment -> nagios_comment
host -> nagios_host + #define host nagios_host
etc...

And it appears I spoke a bit too soon in my earlier email. Compiling
even "hello-world.c" on my solaris system fails horribly.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Free Next-Gen Firewall Hardware Offer
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sophos-d2d-feb