Nagios 4 ignores object_cache_file and log_file

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sat Sep 22 12:00:45 CEST 2012

On 09/22/2012 07:35 AM, William Leibzon wrote:
> https://github.com/willixix/nagios/commit/e08c89830e96fce1361fb15527a2a6503a9f1b7e#L0L3474
> was
> the cause of issues I see with latest code, so I'm reverting it in my
> branch.

That was fixed by a patch sent by Armin Wolfermann.

> And as far as I can tell opts2str function does not actually add
> new lines, at least not in master branch, and in my opinion it shouldn't to
> keep things consistent with new lines added in fcache_host & fcache_service
> just like on other fprintf lines there

True that.

> Plus to that it did indeed ignore specified path of objects_cache_file, but
> that one was specific to my branch (as a result of another change made that
> was not in sync with my previous changes)

Well, code is like porcelain; If you break it you get to keep the pieces.

I think you'd have better success both with testing and with submitting
patches if you reset your branch so it matches what's in master exactly
and then do small, isolated changes that fix one specific breakage at a
time without going off on a tangent and testing code that noone else has.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

How fast is your code?
3 out of 4 devs don\\\'t know how their code performs in production.
Find out how slow your code is with AppDynamics Lite.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;262219672;13503038;z?