Nagios 4 ignores object_cache_file and log_file

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Sat Sep 22 08:19:23 CEST 2012

Also found when I was debugging that read_main_config_file() has only
limited set of nagios directives that it understands.

However it so happens its perfectly legal to have service and host
directives directly in nagios.cfg instead of being included as part of
another file included in there. Granted this configuration is shall we say
unusual, but its not illegal according to current nagios.

To deal with this I've decided to just comment out reporting of error for
UNKNOWN variable (last else) in that function. xdata will report an error
for config directives not recognized.