[PACTH] NRPE IPv6 (updated)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Sep 21 19:17:45 CEST 2012

On 09/21/2012 02:32 PM, Leo Baltus wrote:
> Op 02/04/2012 om 11:10:09 +0200, schreef Leo Baltus:
>> Attached patch fixes a small memory leak introduced by my IPv6 patch I
>> sent earlier, see below.
>>
>> As I haven't got any reponse on my first post so I'll just resubmit the
>> complete patch.
>>

> Can somebody comment on my 2 patches I sent april 2nd?

I'm not the NRPE maintainer, but for what it's worth, I like them.

> It would be really nice if it could get merged before Nagios4 is
> released.

While I tentatively agree with that, there's no real reason to take
patches to NRPE before Nagios 4, as the two have no code dependencies
between them.

> If there is some work to be done on it, I might have some spare time do
> that, but please let me know what should be done.

On Nagios 4? Testing would be helpful. If you're in an asskicking
mood, you could go ahead and add an "accept new worker" handler
for the query-handler so external programs can register with Nagios
and request to run certain plugins.

check_nrpe would be one of the prime candidates for such persistent
workers, along with a generic do-all "check interface things over
snmp" thing. Don't go and write a ton of code for that snmp interface
thing though. I've got 99% of that done already ;)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Got visibility?
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;262219671;13503038;y?