Nagios 4: return code 127 is out of bounds

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 19 01:42:50 CEST 2012

On 09/18/2012 07:00 PM, Joerg Linge wrote:
> Hi Andreas
> 1.4 million hits while searching for "return code 127 is out of bounds" on google
>
> But Nagios 3.99 ( git rev 9b1af7a ) just tell me
>
> ---8<---
> Status Information:	(No output returned from plugin)
> ---8<---
>
> I want to have my 127 back !!11! ;)
>
> Tested by pointing $USER1$ to a non exiting directory.

Hmm. The output you're supposed to get from that is
(No output on stdout) stderr: execvp() failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory

which I hope is a decent improvement. It certainly works that way
with the wproc binary (cd lib && make wproc && ./wproc; #enter lala)
and the core workers use that exact same code. It might be I'm not
assigning the outerr variable properly though.

Ah. Found it. I'm only checking for wpres->outstd == NULL and not if
it's the nul string. Commit incoming.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Live Security Virtual Conference