Nagios 4: Call for testing

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Sep 17 17:17:06 CEST 2012

On 09/15/2012 06:57 PM, Brian Seklecki wrote:
> On 9/14/2012 4:23 PM, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
>> First build of the RPM's are below.  So far we've been using them
>> during testing but not in any kind of production environment so let
>> me know if any issues/changes.
>>
>> https://github.com/dwittenberg2008/nagios/tree/master/rpms
>>
>> Dan
>>

> We should get FreeBSD Ports, OpenBSD ports, and NetBSD pkgsrc
> makefiles prepped as well.
>
> Once its into NetBSD Pkgsrc, people non-RHEL platforms can get
> exposure.  That's where you'll run into all of your threading,
> preprocessor, and autoconf Makefile errors.

Threading has been removed, partially for this reason. It won't be
an issue anymore.

> These will require a snapshot/tag tarball of SVN be published to a
> URL.
>
> Also Is nagios-3.99.95.tar.gz derived from trunk/ svn co?    What rev
> #?

Yes it is.
git commit 7824598c1f9d4a6900253409523277c28433ffba
svn revision @2216

It's positively ancient already though. I'm working several hours per
day on Nagios 4 and I really can't chuck out a new version for every
feature I add and every bug I fix.

> Or is it safe to assume that the rev # is within within a hour of
> 09-14-2012 @ 14:16 GMT (mtime of the tarball)?

Nope. Or maybe. The git<->svn conversion might do weird things to
the timestamps. The change is listed as having happened 09:06:22
but on the same date in my svn-synced git repo, which means I did
git-svn dcommit around then. In the long run, we'd be better off
putting up autobuild servers that build on each push and get
their version from an scm with version numbers on can actually
rely on (cough-git-cough).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Live Security Virtual Conference