Nagios 4 ignores object_cache_file and log_file

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sun Sep 16 16:27:03 CEST 2012

On 09/16/2012 01:01 PM, Joerg Linge wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> its me again ;)
>
> Now running on git HEAD dc2caf36

You're very up to date then. Awesome :)

> i use customized path to object_cache_file and log_file inside of nagios.cfg
>
> ----
> OMD[ng4]:~$ grep objects.cache tmp/nagios/nagios.cfg
> object_cache_file=/omd/sites/ng4/var/nagios/objects.cache
>
> OMD[ng4]:~$ grep nagios.log tmp/nagios/nagios.cfg
> log_file=/omd/sites/ng4/var/nagios/nagios.log
> ----
>
> But nagios uses the default locations out of include/locations.h
>
> ----
> OMD[ng4]:~$ ./bin/nagios  /omd/sites/ng4/tmp/nagios/nagios.cfg
>
> Nagios Core 3.99.95
> Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributors
> Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
> Last Modified: 09-14-2012
> License: GPL
>
> Website: http://www.nagios.org
> Warning: Could not open object cache file '/usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache' for writing!
> Warning: Cannot open log file '/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log' for writing
> Nagios 3.99.95 starting... (PID=29838)
> Local time is Sun Sep 16 12:54:34 CEST 2012
> command_wproc->ioc: 0x105ed40
> Successfully launched command file worker with pid 29839

Gotta get rid of that debug output too...

> Workers spawned: 4
> ----
>
> Some events are written to /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log and later
> to the correct location /omd/sites/ng4/var/nagios/nagios.log

Hmm. I wonder how that happened. Would you mind bisecting it? I'm guessing
it's something to do with the object_cache_file now being a nagios core
variable instead of something belonging to the xodtemplate layer (which
really shouldn't have any variables of its own).

> Also /usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache is created but never updated

Well, that's by design. The objects.cache should only be written to once.
Or do you mean that it gets created but is empty?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;258768047;13503038;j?