Addressing security vulnerabilities

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Nov 28 12:41:41 CET 2012

On 11/27/2012 08:00 PM, Mike Guthrie wrote:
> On 11/27/2012 12:20 PM, Ricardo Jose Maraschini wrote:
>>
>> i'm asking because i've seen that bugs like [1] do not appear on
>> trunk version(future 4), so i'm not pretty sure where to fix it or
>> even if it's necessary to spend time doing it. maybe it's already
>> fixed, i don't know.
> Patches are a little bit tricky right now because of the two branches.
> Andreas, feel free to chip in on this, but I would say submit the
> patches for the current trunk so we're sure to get them in there, and
> from there we can backport them to the 3-4-x branch.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

>> btw, is there a development cycle defined?
>> when version 4.0 gonna be release, i mean, officialy released.
> Nothing official has been decided in terms of dates as of yet.

It's close though. We're just wrapping up our in-house beta testing.
You can tell by the way the bugs are of the kind "this happens once
every fortnight after you spend a night standing on your left leg
while the supermarket down the street is doing inventory and 47
checks of the same type but to different hosts all happen to trigger
alerts and dependency checks at the same time".

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel:
INSIGHTS What's next for parallel hardware, programming and related areas?
Interviews and blogs by thought leaders keep you ahead of the curve.
http://goparallel.sourceforge.net