Addressing security vulnerabilities

Mike Guthrie mguthrie at nagios.com
Tue Nov 27 20:00:05 CET 2012

On 11/27/2012 12:20 PM, Ricardo Jose Maraschini wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> * Rudolph Pereira (rudolph.pereira+nagios at occamsec.com) wrote:
>> I submitted http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=400 a while ago and
>> have had little to no response on it, even though it is a serious
>> issue.
> is there any plan to mantain a nagios version 3.x as stable or the
> version 4 is gonna be deployed and version 3.x will be became
> deprecated?
There is currently a 3-4-x branch that we will be using for bug fixes on
the 3.x branch.  We're looking at releasing a 3.4.3 version of Nagios
very soon that has several fixes in it.

> i'm asking because i've seen that bugs like [1] do not appear on
> trunk version(future 4), so i'm not pretty sure where to fix it or
> even if it's necessary to spend time doing it. maybe it's already
> fixed, i don't know.
Patches are a little bit tricky right now because of the two branches.
Andreas, feel free to chip in on this, but I would say submit the
patches for the current trunk so we're sure to get them in there, and
from there we can backport them to the 3-4-x branch.

> btw, is there a development cycle defined?
> when version 4.0 gonna be release, i mean, officialy released.
Nothing official has been decided in terms of dates as of yet.

> regarding issue #401, i have no access to it. i've just created a
> mantis account and didn't receive the confirmation mail yet so i
> can't verify if it affects future version 4.0.
Sometimes those confirmation emails get filtered. I'll do a quick look
and see if I can manually activate your account.