Customized macros not working for contacts

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at kognitio.com
Thu May 3 12:42:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm running nagios 3.3.1 on sles 10.

I've defined a contact which uses a customized macro called _EMAILCONTACTID

However, when I try to reference this macro, from a script defined to run as part of a service check,  as an environment variable $NAGIOS__CONTACTEMAILCONTACTID, is blank

If I define a customized macro in the service definition, I can see the contents of $NAGIOS_SERVICEEMAILCONTACTID.

I've followed the docs and it does state that you can define a customized macro in a contact definition, so this to me looks like a bug in 3.3.1

When will a fix be available ?

Regards,
Deborah

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail immediately.  Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

Whilst Kognitio endeavours to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.