NRPE SSL_shutdown patch

Jari Takkala jtakkala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:14:20 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:
> * Write a wrapper to shutdown the connection so you don't have to
> duplicate the code everywhere. close_connection() would be a good
> name for it, and it should handle the #ifdef HAVE_SSL stuff as well
> so it can be removed from (most) of the application logic.
>
> * Add a short sleep-timer between calls, or poll() the underlying
> socket for inbound data so the other node has time to send a
> response. I imagine your patch will work horribly on links from
> Europe to China, for instance, because latency will be too high.

Agree with regards to both issues. The code is not in my style, was
trying to keep it similar to project's.

The attached patch hopefully fixes the duplicate code to your
satisfaction. If I have some time I'll look at addressing the time-out
issue later (interestingly, a few other major projects don't take this
into account either).

- Jari