NRPE - performance data larger than 1024B

SCHAER Frederic frederic.schaer at cea.fr
Wed Mar 28 14:52:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

when the patch is not enough (this happened to me), you can transfer about 300KB of text data using both the patch + bzip2 +
uuencode on the nrpe side, and bunzip + uudecode decoder on the nagios side...
base64/uu encoding increases the size, but nrpe is not happy with binary data.

Bzip+uuencoding was the best solution I could find  - and that was available on all my managed machines, thus not requiring to
deploy more packages.
I havent't tried this method without the patch : it might help transferring a bit more data than 4Kbytes (or 8K ?) - or not...

Regards