NSCA 2.9.1: problems and fixes

Matthias Schlachter schlacht at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 6 05:27:09 CET 2012

I had a few problems with the latest version 2.9.1 of nsca:

1) The package age in handle_connection_read of the nsca server part
is calculated based on uninitialized values. This resulted in nsca
dropping packages because it thinks they are too old. See nsca.c.patch
which fixes the problem for me.
2) I had problems compiling it for solaris10. Sol10 misses asprintf.
See solaris10.patch. The patch adds code for the missing asprintf, and
makes also changes to configure.in and Makefile.in to compile the
asprintf part depending on which operating system you compile it for.
(I've compiled it for solaris successfully using a cross compiler:
sparc-sun-solaris2.10-gcc (GCC) 4.6.1)
NOTE: after applying this patch you have to run autoconf

Regards,
Matthias