NEB issues with 3.4.1 and current trunk

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jun 25 10:04:44 CEST 2012

On 06/22/2012 08:57 PM, Mike Guthrie wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Issue #1: I wanted to run this buy some people who understood the the
> NEB API's and the event loop better than I do. I came across an issue
> the other day with DNX where random service checks seem to get frozen
> in the scheduling queue. The check gets executed, but the next_check
> time never gets reset, it'll just sit there indefinitely until a new
> check is forced from an external command. Submitting passive results
> on the check does not reset the next_check time either. I thought
> this might be something to keep an eye out for, since a lot of people
> distribute their checks. I can recreate this at will with DNX,
> haven't tested it with Mod Gearman yet. I attached a pair of scripts
> to fetch a list of frozen checks if anyone else wants to play around
> with this. Just update the file location of status.dat in
> show_frozen.php and then run:

I tested this with both mod_gearman and Merlin, and they're working
just fine. I didn't try with DNX initially since it hasn't been
updated since early 2011, and I seem to be having some problems
rebuilding the latest sources (such as it requiring an autoconf
package over two years out of date).

Is there anything relevant in the debug log if you set it to log
macros, events and checks (debug_level=2072)?

> Issue #2: Also, it appears that in the latest trunk, Macro
> translation may not be occurring properly for NEB modules. Example
> from the DNX log below:
>
> Current SVN Trunk:
>
> [Fri Jun 22 10:47:15.602 2012] dnxPluginExecute: Executing
> $USER1$/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_process_wizard.pl -H
> $HOSTADDRESS$192.168.5.59 $ARG1$ -C public --v2c -n 'httpd' -w '15'
> -c '1'

That's weird. DNX gets the processed command after core Nagios has
already resolved it, so that should basically never happen.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Live Security Virtual Conference