vanished bug numbers in the nagios mantis tracker

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Aug 2 17:10:33 CEST 2012

On 08/02/2012 02:58 AM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Am 01.08.2012 10:37, schrieb Andreas Ericsson:
>
>> This one might resolve itself in Nagios 4, when we change how
>> checks are run. I won't investigate it further until that's out
>> anyway though.
> Just out of curiosity.... how's now cooperation / code-sharing going
> on between Nagios and Icinga? I mean... if there are so many core
> changes in Nagios 4 as your note seems to imply... well they adapt or
> is that rather the point where things really diverge?

That's up to the icinga guys, really. I have done and will be doing
the hard work of coming up with and testing the code we're about to
ship, so they get to copy it without my help.

> Well actually it's not only curiosity,... I for example, have to
> support two different bigger research groups here, one of them
> insists on Nagios, the other on Icinga... right now it was quite nice
> that everything was still quit compatible and I was able to use
> pretty much the same setup for both.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure what compatibility consequences
the Nagios 4 patches will have. Some modules will definitely have to
be modified a bit (livestatus and Merlin come to mind), but for the
most part very little needs to be done.

That still depends on upcoming changes though, since I'm not yet
done with the backwards-incompatible changes.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

Live Security Virtual Conference