BUG: servicegroup and (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) in status information

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 10 09:03:52 CEST 2011

On 05/09/2011 09:10 PM, Roberto Oppedisano wrote:
> Il 09/05/2011 19:53, Jochen Bern ha scritto:
>>
>> Do you use environment variables in the first place? (I.e., a plugin,
>> event handler, notification command etc. which reads a $NAGIOSsomething
>> variable from its environment, rather than having it passed on the
>> command line through a $something$ macro in the Nagios config.) If not,
>
> AFAIK we don't use environment variables (and grepping for NAGIOS in the
> config file led me only to commented out strings).
>
>> try setting "enable_environment_macros=0" in your nagios.cfg (it's
>> usually a performance boost, anyway).
>
> Yep, this did the trick. After setting "enable_environment_macros=0" the
> missing plugin notification did disappear.
> Also if this workarounds the problem I'll be glad to do further
> testing/analysis to catch it down (this is a pre-prod system so testing
> is easy).

Ah. I'll see about getting a patch in to catch superlong environment
macros. In general, environment macros is a very, very bad idea for large
environments, precisely for this reason.

> Kind regards
>
> PS: I'll be @Nagios World Conference in Bolzano next Tuesday so if
> someone wants to give a closer look...

Neat. I'll be there too. Not that this problem needs further investigation
now though, but still :)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay