BUG: servicegroup and (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) in status information

Roberto Oppedisano roberto.oppedisano at infracom.it
Mon May 9 21:10:16 CEST 2011

Il 09/05/2011 19:53, Jochen Bern ha scritto:
> On 05/09/2011 02:55 PM, Roberto Oppedisano wrote:
>> It appears that the problem happens on services member of both
>> Contact-Center, INS_Backbone servicegroups; i did not verify
>> all of them (only a visual inspect) but did not find a contrary case
>> 'till now.
> And those are *exactly* the two servicegroups with the longest "member"
> line in your objects.cache diff, which lends weight to the environment
> overload theory.
>
> Do you use environment variables in the first place? (I.e., a plugin,
> event handler, notification command etc. which reads a $NAGIOSsomething
> variable from its environment, rather than having it passed on the
> command line through a $something$ macro in the Nagios config.) If not,

AFAIK we don't use environment variables (and grepping for NAGIOS in the
config file led me only to commented out strings).

> try setting "enable_environment_macros=0" in your nagios.cfg (it's
> usually a performance boost, anyway).

Yep, this did the trick. After setting "enable_environment_macros=0" the
missing plugin notification did disappear.
Also if this workarounds the problem I'll be glad to do further
testing/analysis to catch it down (this is a pre-prod system so testing
is easy).

Kind regards

PS: I'll be @Nagios World Conference in Bolzano next Tuesday so if
someone wants to give a closer look...