BUG: servicegroup and (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) in status information

Roberto Oppedisano roberto.oppedisano at infracom.it
Mon May 9 14:55:01 CEST 2011

Il 09/05/2011 14:11, Roberto Oppedisano ha scritto:
>> check_ping and check_snmp are special in that they rely on external
>> executables to do the low-down work, so they have to do extra exec()s.
>> (check_procs would be yet another.) You might want to replace check_ping
>> by check_icmp, just to see what happens ...
> I'll try ASAP and report back to the list. The "PING" command definition
> on the production system (nagios 2.9) already uses a check_icmp (I did
> forget to modify the command definition in the 3.2.x server); anyway the
> 2.9 it is still using the C plugin derived from check_snmp to monitor>
> 2000 interfaces and has no problems of missing plugins.

OK, i did the test using check_icmp instead of check_ping, but the
problem persists (>500 "plugin may be missing" errors).
It appears that the problem happens on services member of both
Contact-Center, INS_Backbone servicegroups (cfr
http://62.196.71.254/nagios-dev/servicegroups.cfg.gz); i did not verify
all of them (only a visual inspect) but did not find a contrary case
'till now.

Kind regards

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd