BUG: servicegroup and (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing) in status information

Roberto Oppedisano roberto.oppedisano at infracom.it
Mon May 9 14:11:35 CEST 2011

Il 09/05/2011 12:36, Jochen Bern ha scritto:
> On 05/09/2011 08:56 AM, Roberto Oppedisano wrote:
>> (the configuration is created via script from a DB, so the
>> service definitions are pretty consistent).
>> If I completely remove the service-group, leaving definitions the
>> problem goes completely away.
> I'd propose to doublecheck the config-generation so as to make sure that
> in its output, the servicegroups are *still* the only difference. Could
> you run a "diff" between the object.cache files of the two cases and
> verify that?
The config generation has been made from the same script simply adapted
only to manage the different server's IP.
Anyway I've uploaded the diff between the object.cache files here:

http://62.196.71.254/nagios-dev/objects.cache.diff-with-vs-wo-sg.txt.gz

Looks like the only differences are in servicegroups.

>> at the moment the problem impacts on
>> 500+ service checks out of 8250+ (mainly the standard check_ping but
>> also check_snmp).
> check_ping and check_snmp are special in that they rely on external
> executables to do the low-down work, so they have to do extra exec()s.
> (check_procs would be yet another.) You might want to replace check_ping
> by check_icmp, just to see what happens ...
I'll try ASAP and report back to the list. The "PING" command definition
on the production system (nagios 2.9) already uses a check_icmp (I did
forget to modify the command definition in the 3.2.x server); anyway the
2.9 it is still using the C plugin derived from check_snmp to monitor >
2000 interfaces and has no problems of missing plugins.

Kind regards

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd