Nagios Pluggins check_log new feature

Paul Green paulg at greenwand.net
Thu Jan 27 11:26:25 CET 2011

Hello,

I would like to submit the attached changes for potential addition to the
check_log script in the core pluggins.  It adds the addition of an ignore
option so that you can, for example, look for all "ERROR" within a log file
(as per normal) but ignore "ProgramX" which is constantly whining and
throwing errors when it shouldn't be.  In my case a third party proprietary
application in which the vendor neither care nor have the will to fix it.
I've also taken the liberty to correct the comments at the top of the
script to match the current command line options as well as the new ones.

Cheers

   Paul