Nagios core patches for External Command support in Cygwin

Tevfik Karagulle tevfik.karagulle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 01:05:20 CET 2011

Hi,

As I tried to explain in a related post at
Nagios-users<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=26952232>,
Cygwin's named pipe support is somewhat broken and unstable at the moment.

I've met that problem during the development of Nagwin. I've evaluated
several approaches and ended up with patching cmd.cgi and utils.c to
introduce an 'one-plain-file-for-each command' scheme. The basic reason
behind this decision is to use something working well at all circumtances
(file system/directories) :-) Not a perfect/sleek/state-of-art solution, but
it should be more than enough for an environment with average load. Patched
nagios and cmd.cgi are tested on several machines and seems to work without
problems.

Tev