RFC: Downtime and flapping

Ton Voon tonvoon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:53:51 CET 2011

Hi!

We had a customer issue where flapping was marked for a host and its services even though there was downtime associated to those objects.

I think that if a host or service is in downtime, then the states should not be recorded in the state history (the last 21 states saved, used for the flapping calculation).

>From the code, I can see that Nagios does not record any soft non-OK states in this state history. Any objections if I add "host or service in downtime" to that exception?

Ton

http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d