Nagios Docs in Nagios 3.3.1

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Aug 23 18:47:40 CEST 2011

On 23 August 2011 09:17, Mies, Christian <Christian.Mies at it-novum.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I see, that the offline Documentation of Nagios is not part of the new release...
> Is it possible to change it again. Because a lot of Nagios Installations do not have access to the internet, but the docs will be nice to have on that systems.

I'll second that, but also, without access to the internet then the
default frame which appears on browsing to Nagios for the first time
(main.php) takes ages to appear, but eventually comes up with:

Don't Miss...

      Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to fetch
http://www.nagios.org/backend/feeds/corepromo and cache is off in
/usr/local/nagios/share/includes/rss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/nagios/share/main.php on line 90

Latest News

      Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to fetch
http://www.nagios.org/backend/feeds/frontpage/ and cache is off in
/usr/local/nagios/share/includes/rss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/usr/local/nagios/share/main.php on line 126
    * More news...

In my production system I simply removed any reference to this page
from the side.php / wherever to stop us from seeing it.

Of course there are other challenges involved with maintaining a
system not connected to the internet, not least is being able to
install packages from internet-hosted repositories, but that's not a
problem specific to Nagios by any means.